Summary: Solidarity Circle is a collection of stand members that make a commitment together to volunteer for women- and/or POC-lead organizations. Typically this involves:
- 2-4 hours volunteering per month
- See our volunteer menu below
- Plus one 2-hour meeting per month
- Usually involving reading and discussing a political eduction article
- 6 month commitment
- Sometimes this is just 4 month, and its not strict, the purpose is to not be “drive-by” volunteers.
Historically there have usually been about 10-20 members per solidarity circle “cycle” going back to 2016.
Because of COVID, our next Solidary Circle will likely start in April 2021. If you would like to be part of it please sign up for our newsletter and get in contact.
Volunteer Opportunities “Menu”
- Causa Justa: Just Cause
- Sign up to the newsletter for monthly opportunities.
- Bay Area Child Care Collective
- Providing childcare for local activist meetings and events (not active during COVID)
- Bay Area Mutual Aid
- Delivering groceries, or in-home care.
Full living document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kwqgEbgrZOFNzN9Wpt2CtsgKNsZY8w3dYTgXIN-i9rw/edit?usp=sharing