Through community building, training, and facilitated dialogues, STAND members are supported in:
- Connecting with an authentic and personal motivation for participating in justice work;
- Identifying meaningful contributions to make to justice movement work in their community;
- Cultivating competence and commitment to living their politics in their personal lives by relating to others and themselves in anti oppressive ways;
- Practicing emotional awareness, vulnerability and empathy;
- Building capacity to work skillfully and considerately in partnership with women, gender-nonconforming people, and people of color;
- Developing an ongoing commitment to engage in justice movement work.